Monday, July 9, 2007

stay with me

getting your own place can be both exciting and frustrating. at first i had a hard time moving away from my comfort zone (mom's home cooked meals, my dogs at home and the free stuff you get at home), but i can say that I have already adjusted. somehow this is already a dry run of what my life is going to be like once i'm old(er). but living away from home isn't that bad since i got to learn how to iron my clothes, cook my meals and budget my [very little] money. and it's quite an achievement for me that i get to survive somehow. since i have housemates, the burden isn't that hard because the expense and the hardwork is spread evenly among ourselves. i'm pretty blessed that i have housemates i can fully trust. they pay rent on time, they clean up their messes (well, after a bit of nudging), and they're simply good company. and with the arrival of our condo pet, crumpy, my stay couldn't be happier.

living away from home is not something that i recommend to everybody. it requires a lot of patience and hard labor (especially if you have room mates to deal with). but it develops in you a lot of discipline to get through life's daily challenges.

No comments: